flowers

flowers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

IN LOVE... with Full Frame Photography

I bought my first Digital SLR Camera about 3 years ago & it's a Canon Rebel xsi.  I was IN LOVE with it for the longest time (for the longest time, ohhhhh....).  My rebel helped me to achieve things I never thought possible with photography and I was eventually able to turn that into a profit-making business that I love!!  
But one day, I felt like something was missing.  I tend to be overly critical of my work anyway so for a while I just kept telling myself that was what it was, "self, you're just being overly critical, stop that."  Then it got to the place where I knew I wasn't just being overly critical anymore, there WAS something missing and it was driving me CRAZY!!  Like, literally, pull my hair out CRAZY!!  I knew that my images could be better and I started thinking about getting a new camera and that was just out of the question, monetarily yes, but even more so... I felt like I was turning my back on an old and faithful friend.  A friend who had been with me through so much- to Africa and back, to senior shoot after senior shoot, engagement shoots, weddings, families, dance recitals and more!!  How could I do this???  
But I had to, or I would have no hair left on my head & my poor hubby could tell something wasn't right about me.  I just could no longer stand the thought of giving my clients less than the best, less then they deserved and yes, it would take a large sacrifice on our part (several sacrifices), but it must be done.  So, I finally gave in and we purchased our first full-frame 5D camera.  I have only shot a few pics with it thus far (I am still trying to figure out all those buttons!!), but I can already tell you, I'm in love!!  (just don't tell my Rebel- it might rebel!!)
Here are a few pics I took with it last night, just as the sun was setting over the coastal mountains.  Our youngest was the only one who would agree to go with us & be our "model".
(i think she did a great job, especially as mommy is still trying to figure out how to use the thing)

(this is our backyard.... just kidding- I wish!)



(look at this cool branch, mommy!  I'm gonna bring it over to you...)

 (i just have to make a note here, when I move the camera, Calley moves with me... it's very cute)




  
All that to say, I am very happy with our decision to purchase this full frame camera and also happy that we can offer even better quality images to our clients...
that makes me smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment